Skip Global Navigation to Main Content
Skip Breadcrumb Navigation
Asylee and Refugee Follow-to-Join Applications

A person who has been granted asylum or refugee status in the United States (called the petitioner) may petition to have his or her spouse and/or unmarried child(ren) join him or her in the United States.

To do so, the petitioner must file an I-730 Refugee/Asylee Relative Petition with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) within the first 2 years of being admitted as an asylee or refugee.

A family member who will apply to join (known as "follow-to-join") a person granted asylum in the U.S. is also known as a "V92" applicant.  A family member who is applying to join a person granted refugee status in the U.S. is also known as a "V93" applicant.

Additional information can be found on the Follow-to-Join Refugee and Asylee website.