Visitors for Tourism/Business (B Visas)
An applicant who wishes to travel to the United States for business or pleasure, and intends to stay for only a limited period of time, should apply for a B-1 (Business) or B-2 (Tourism) visa.
A temporary visitor on a B-1 visa may come to the United States, for example, to consult with business associates, negotiate a contract, participate in a professional conference, or undertake independent research. On a B-2 visa, the visitor might go on a tour, visit friends and relatives, or receive medical treatment.
How to apply for a Visa
- Complete the following application forms
- Pay the Visa application fee:
- Take your passport or a copy of your passport to any Al Warka bank branch office and explain that you want to pay a U.S. visa fee. It is permissible for another person to make the payment for you, but they must take your passport or a copy of your passport with them.
- Pay the $140 fee. They will issue you a receipt.
- Verify that your receipt for payment includes:
- The visa applicant’s name as it appears in her or his passport
- The visa applicant’s passport number
- The words “US Embassy MRV Sweep”
- The payment must not be made more than 1 year before the visa interview
- Schedule an Interview:
- Online Appointment System
- Please visit the above link to the Online Appointment System
- Enter the confirmation code from your DS-160 confirmation page.
- Select an available appointment date from the calendar.
- Select a preferred time for your appointment, and then enteryour Surname (last name), Given Name, Passport number, Email Address and Telephone Number.
- Verify that all the information entered is correct, and then click "Submit".
- Print the appointment confirmation page and bring it with you to your appointment.
- Bring the following to your interview:
- Completed application forms
- Original A, D, E, or G-series Iraqi Passport, valid for at least six (6) months after your date of travel
- Photocopy of the Biographical Data page of the passport
- Civil Identity card
- For more information about photograph requirements: http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/info/info_1287.html. Photos must meet these requirements, or the application cannot be processed.
- $140 Application fee, non-refundable and payable in the Consular Section at the time of the interview (U.S. cash only)
- One (1) photograph, taken within the last six months
- Pre-paid DHL Airway Bill (For more information about using DHL)
- Documentation explaining the purpose of the trip, any arrangements to cover costs, and evidence of your ties to a residence outside of the United States. (*Evidence of your ties to Iraq may include work contracts, bank statements, proof that you own property, letters of employment, and prior passports showing previous travel history.)
- If you are traveling to the U.S. on business, please provide a letter from your employer that explains the purpose of your trip, gives a detailed itinerary for your proposed length of stay, and indicates how the trip will be financed.
Processing Times for Applications:
Please schedule your visa appointment as far in advance of your travel dates as possible. Administrative processing of visa applications takes an average of six weeks.
NOTE: To qualify for a visa as a temporary visitor, you must prove that you are not intending to immigrate to the United States. According to Section 214(b) of U.S. Immigration law, you can prove this by demonstrating strong ties to a residence abroad that you do not intend to abandon. Ties may include your job, family, or house. For more information, please visit: http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/denials/denials_1361.html
Attempting to obtain a visa by the willful misrepresentation of a material fact, or fraud, may result in the permanent refusal of a visa or denial of entry into the United States