Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program
The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program brings accomplished mid-career professionals with demonstrated leadership potential to the United States for one year of graduate-level non-degree academic coursework and professional development activities. The Program is not designed to lead to a degree. Rather, fellows pursue tailored study programs at participating host institutions. Each fellow's professional plan may include professional visits, conferences, and a professional affiliation (work placement) of at least six weeks. Early in the academic year, the fellow develops a plan for professional activities carefully geared to the fellow's need for relevant, practical professional experiences. Faculty advisers also assist fellows in balancing academic and professional experience.
- Be in possession of an undergraduate degree;
- Have at least five years of substantial professional and management experience;
- Demonstrate leadership qualities and a record of public service;
- Have limited or no prior experience in the U.S.;
- Have a desire to focus on public policy rather than research or technical fields;
- Have proficiency in both written and spoken English (TOEFL scores are not required at the time of application, but successful candidates will be required to take the TOEFL exam); and
- Be Iraqi citizens resident in Iraq throughout the application and selection process (Individuals with dual U.S. citizenship or U.S. permanent resident status are ineligible).
Eligible Fields of study
Click here to see eligible fields of study.
Application and Selection
All applications must be submitted at http://apply.embark.com/student/humphrey/fellowship/. Those candidates whose applications pass the initial review are invited for an interview at the U.S. Embassy and to take the TOEFL test. Final selection will be made by J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board in the United States.
For general information about the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program, please visit: http://www.humphreyfellowship.org.
Click here to see frequently asked questions (FAQs).
Instructions on how to apply for the program can be found here (PDF 4.1 MB).
For questions regarding the Humphrey Program in Iraq, please email the U.S. Embassy Public Affairs Section at FulbrightIraq@state.gov or call us at 07704430214.
Applications are due July 18, 2014.