Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program
The application period for the Humphrey Program is currently closed. Please check our website frequently for updates on the next program cycle and application period.
We anticipate that the next cycle will begin in the spring of 2014.
The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program brings accomplished mid-career professionals with demonstrated leadership potential to the United States for one year of graduate-level non-degree academic coursework and professional development activities. The Program is not designed to lead to a degree. Rather, fellows pursue tailored study programs at participating host institutions. Each fellow's professional plan may include professional visits, conferences, and a professional affiliation (work placement) of at least six weeks. Early in the academic year, the fellow develops a plan for professional activities carefully geared to the fellow's need for relevant, practical professional experiences. Faculty advisers also assist fellows in balancing academic and professional experience.
- Be in possession of an undergraduate degree;
- Have a minimum of five years of substantial professional and management experience;
- Demonstrate leadership qualities and a record of public service;
- Have limited or no prior experience in the U.S.;
- Have a desire to focus on public policy rather than research or technical fields;
- Have proficiency in both written and spoken English (TOEFL scores are not required at the time of application, but successful candidates will be required to take the TOEFL later in the selection process); and
- Be Iraqi citizens resident in Iraq throughout the application and selection process (Individuals with dual U.S. citizenship or U.S. permanent resident status are not eligible).
For general information about the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program, please visit: http://www.humphreyfellowship.org.
Questions about the program should be sent to FulbrightIraq@state.gov.