Fulbright Foreign Student Program
Application season is now closed.
This prestigious scholarship program, launched by the U.S. Congress and the late U.S. senator William J. Fulbright in 1946, allows outstanding students and professionals worldwide to study at U.S. universities to further their careers as well as promote international cultural understanding. Participation in the Fulbright Foreign Student program allows exceptional Iraqis to experience life in the United States first-hand. Fulbright students also have the opportunity to share Iraq's rich culture with Americans and to serve as "student ambassadors," both in the classroom and in everyday life.
The Fulbright scholarship will fund up to two years of study at the Master’s degree level at a U.S. university starting in the fall of 2015. All disciplines and academic fields of study are available under this program, with the exception of medicine and other clinical studies. The program provides funding for tuition, round-trip international travel, living stipends, and health insurance. Iraqis, both men and women from all parts of Iraq, who have outstanding academic records and work experience are urged to apply.
Who Can Apply
- Be Iraqi citizens who are resident in Iraq and demonstrate a clear commitment to return to Iraq at the conclusion of their program.
- Hold a B.A. or B.S. degree from an accredited higher-education institution at the time of application.
- Have a minimum of two years of work experience.
- Be proficient in English with the ability to score 80 or more on the internet-based TOEFL exam.
- Write their research objective and personal statement themselves, without copying from the Internet or any other source. Such copying is considered plagiarism and will result in applicant’s immediate disqualification.
We are no longer accepting applications. Application deadline was April 30, 2014.
For questions about the program, please email: email@example.com
Or call us here:
Baghdad: 0780 620 9267
Erbil: 0770 645 2275
Basrah: 0780 547 9398